Job Title: MA, ONS, .RN. Date of registration (examination):09/10/96
2001 – To present – Head of Clinical Instructors in Bone Marrow Transplantation unit/ Hematology Department.
2005 – to present – Deputy of Head Nurse in Blood Marrow Transplantation /Haemato –Oncology Department, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
2010 – To present – Clinical Instructor in Medical Simulation Centre, Max Stern Yezreel Valley College
Period of Employment:
07/1997 – to present – R.N Blood Marrow Transplantion/Haemato –Oncology Department, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
The BMT/ Haemato-oncology unit is a 26-bedded isolation unit:
- Knowing the philosophy, purpose, objectives, policies & standards of the hospital
- Prepare, administer & supervise patient care for each assigned patient, furthermore applying scientific principles in performing complex nursing procedures & techniques
- Providing care and support to patients undergoing chemotherapy regimes in preparation for bone marrow transplantation.
- Care of patients during autologous and allogeneous bone marrow transplantation.
- Education of patients and relatives regarding their illness.
- Maintaining strict isolation for all patients in adherence with ward policy.
- Provide intensive, thorough & holistic care to the patient by continuously observing patients, evaluating their symptoms, reactions & progress, reports & records accordingly.
- Assists the nurse in charge in the overall management & coordination of patient care, exercising judgment in the delegation of duties in the non-professionals as wells as assisting physicians as needed in the actual treatment of patients & on other surgical procedures performed in the unit.
- Initiate good relations with the multidisciplinary team, other employees.
Hematology – Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia,Chronic Myeloblastic Leukemia, Chronic Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma , Myelodisplastic Syndrome ,Myelofibrosis, Aplastic Anemia,Thalassemia Major, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Non Hodgkin Lymphoma, Thrombophilia, Venous Thromboembolism, Hemophilia A/B, Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation, Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
Neurology – Cerebrovascular Accident Seizure, Head & Spinal Cord Injury, Intracranial Infections.
Cardiovascular – Congestive Heart Failure, Arrhythmias
Respiratory – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Emphysema, Respiratory Infections, Pulmonary Embolism, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Pneumothorax, Haemothorax, Pleural effusion
Nephrology – Acute Renal Failure
Others: Liver Disturbances, Graft versus Host Disease, Venous-occlusive Disease, Hemorhagic Cystitis, Pancreatitis, Tumor Lysis, Diabetes, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Appendicitis, Paralytic Ileus, Perforation, Tephlitis
Additional professional activity
03/2001 Participation in 17 Meeting of the European Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Maastricht, Holland
2002 Developing and co- author of brochures for patients undergoing the process of Blood Marrow Transplantation, including the Autologous and Allogeneic BMT.
03/2003 Co-author of poster in 19 Meeting of the European Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Istanbul, Turkey “The standing orders for independent symptom management and medication use by the nursing team without doctor’s instruction in the BMT and Hematology”
2004 – to present – Lecturer in Oncology Course for Advanced Oncology, Training Center, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
03/2005 Co-author of two posters in 21st Meeting of the European Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Prague, Czech Republic:
1. Compatibility of total parenteral nutrition, drug and blood
products infusions: charts adapted to the BMT unit according to
stage of treatment.
2. Guidelines for optimal drug administration in patients undergoing
Bone marrow transplantation.
2005-2011 Tutor by PBL method in Course of Advanced Oncology.
(The subject: Autologous/ Allogeneic BMT and its complications.
Training Center, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa
2007-2011. Tutor by PBL/Case study method in Oncology Department (educational program for Staff).
2009 to present: Lecture for Oncology and Hematology (Academic generic program).
2008 – to present – Examiner in Government Licensing Exam by Medical Simulation for Advanced Specialization in Oncology and Critical Care
06/2009 – The Annual Congress of the Israeli Oncology Society, Co-author,
“Clinical Instructors: From Teaching and Guidance to Leadership”, Oral Presentation
2011 – Item Writer for Government Licensing Exam in Register and Advanced Nursing Specialization, Ministry of Health, Israel
06/2010 – The Annual Congress of the Israeli Oncology Society.
Co-author, “The Clinical Guidelines for Early Recognition and Treatment of Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock. (Adaptation for BMT Patients and Neutropenic Patients Ongoing Intensive High Dose Chemotherapy)”..
1993-1996 D”R Zaide College of Nursing, Haifa, Israel
Registered General Nurse
1997-1999 Bachelor of Science, New England College,USA
1999-2001 Master degree of Public Administration (Health System Management), Clark UNE, Branch in Israel.
2001-2000 Training Center, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel Advanced Oncology, (645hours).
2000 – Acute Critical Care training, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
2001 Course of Team Management, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
2003 Clinical preceptor training, (200 hours). Training Center, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
2004 Course for hematology and oncology, under of auspices of Israeli Cancer Association (ICA).
2007 Course of leadership, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel, (49 hours).
2008 – Course of GCP and the Management of Clinical Research, Welfare and Health Sciences Faculty, Haifa University
2008 – General Management for Senior Oncology Nurses, School of Management, Open University in cooperation with Oncology Society
04/2011– Active Participation at the 4th ESO-EONS Master class in Oncology, Switzerland
Membership in Nursing Professional Society
- Israeli Oncology Society
- European Oncology Society